Mint13 KDE on Macbook Pro 5.3 (2009)

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
chaoscommander

Mint13 KDE on Macbook Pro 5.3 (2009)

Post by chaoscommander »

Hi Folks,

I just installed the latest Mint KDE on my Mac and I seems to have problems with the graphics board. I can only start the "Recovery Mode" that is selectable in the Grub Menu. If I use the regular way than the systems crashes with colorful stripes on the screen. I already installed the latest nvidia linx drivers but the problem remains. I previously used Mint 13 with Xface and there I had no such problems.

Are there any suggestions for running Mint 13 KDE on a Macbook?

Best regards,
The Commander. ;)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Garet.f

Re: Mint13 KDE on Macbook Pro 5.3 (2009)

Post by Garet.f »

Hallo,

I have the same problem here except on Macbook Pro 5.1 (late 2008) and with Mint 14 Cinnamon. The installation went hard because it freezes very often while running Live DVD (in recovery mode, normally it doesn't work). Even when the installation went successfully I couldn't restart it normally and I had to use hard reset. Did the installation process run simillar for you?

I found a few ways of installing that seem work for some but not for me:
-http://johnatilano.com/dual-boot-mac-os ... -on-a-macb
- changing b.43 blacklist from yes to no

I also connected to the Internet while running recovery mode after the installation and installed new drivers but it didn't help to.

Maybe it will work for you.
Could anoyone else give a tip of how to make it work correctly?

Return to “Software & Applications”