<SOLVED> Mint Splash On Cube Desktop Overview

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
chessmaster942

<SOLVED> Mint Splash On Cube Desktop Overview

Post by chessmaster942 »

I'm still new to KDE, but now I do have a little experience with it. So far, completely amazing desktop.

I do have one annoyance however, how do I remove the mint splash from the top of the cube desktop overview (You know the thing that allows you to see your desktops as the faces on a cube). Right now, on the top and bottom, there's just a blue image with the mint logo.

How do I remove/change this image?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
chessmaster942

Re: Mint Splash On Cube Desktop Overview

Post by chessmaster942 »

Never mind, I found it.
claudecat

Re: <SOLVED> Mint Splash On Cube Desktop Overview

Post by claudecat »

For those that wonder after reading this just how it's done:

the file that you need to overwrite is /usr/share/kde4/apps/kwin/cubecap.png (in most other distros it's in /usr/share/apps/kwin). Open up (as su - alt+f2 + kdesu dolphin will get you there) whatever image you want as the cubecap in gwenview and then save it as /usr/share/kde4/apps/kwin/cubecap.png. It does not matter how large or small the image is. Hope this helps someone, and if there's another way I'd love to hear it...
chessmaster942

Post by chessmaster942 »

Actually, the way I'm doing it now (i'm not on my kde machine right now, so excuse the vague extensions), but in ~/.kde4/some config file there's a setting that you can just disable it entirely (or alternatively sometimes there's a setting in the desktop cube plugin)
cartland

Post by cartland »

Did an update of Mint 13 yesterday. The location seems to have moved. I had to change the copy in "/usr/share/mintkde-default-settings/kde4-profile/default/share/apps/kwin/" then go to "Configure desktop effects -> Desktop Cube" select spanner Advanced tab then deselect "Display image on caps", OK, and reselect it again.

BTW: Love KDE Mint - it's finally convinced me to ditch Windows :D

Return to “Software & Applications”