unintentionally changed taskbar (solved)

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
homerscousin

unintentionally changed taskbar (solved)

Post by homerscousin »

I was answering another post here an hour ago about the taskbar disappearing. I knew the settings were there and checked to verify. Somewhere between right clicking the taskbar and getting to the end to see the visibility options I think I may have had a mouse finger twitch and I clicked something or maybe I held the button down while moving the mouse. Whatever I did it changed my taskbar. Icons for Firefox and Dolphin disappeared, program tabs disappeared, everything is aligned left. The clock, volume control etc used to be on the right. The 'K' start etc is still on the left. I thought if I rebooted it may come back as it was. It didn't and the system froze part way through the reboot. Hit reset, got to grub or recovery console and selected load normally.

Does anyone have a clue to what I did? I put my icons back but I haven't found where to add back the program tabs yet.

This is Mint 13 KDE 64 bit and KDE is 4.9.0
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
J_C

Re: unintentionally changed taskbar

Post by J_C »

Hi Homercousin,

I had the same thing, but for some reason couldn't move my anything no matter what I did everything kept aligning left.

So I deleted the whole panel, then right clicked the desktop (yours may be different, I use 'folder view' so I have a traditional desktop layout, you may need to press the toolbox button in the corner). Then selected 'add panel' then 'default panel' and everything (in the panel) returned to how it was upon first install.
zerozero

Post by zerozero »

it looks like the task manager is missing
homerscousin

Post by homerscousin »

Hey, thanks guys. Yes,I did find that the task manager widget was somehow deleted so I added it back. That's ok. I still have the clock and tray on the left and they don't seem to want to move to the right. Not a big deal, I can live with it. I added back my Firefox icon and when I right click it and view icon settings it is labled as Firefox-2. Like my original Firefox icon still exists somewhere.? My dolphin icon is labled as dolphin, as in the one and only.

I may try deleting the panel and recreate to get it back like it was. I'll think about that for a few days. Also, if I lock widgets would this prevent this kind of mousing error?

This is the biggest problem I've had with Mint 13 KDE since install 2 months ago. Not bad, Mr. Linux.
zerozero

Post by zerozero »

homerscousin wrote:Also, if I lock widgets would this prevent this kind of mousing error?
yes pretty please :lol: otherwise the panel is always in kinda of edit-mode and "accidents" can happen. and tbh it's so easy to unlock them if you need.

Return to “Software & Applications”