Mint 14 KDE?

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Cerule

Re: Mint 14 KDE?

Post by Cerule »

Mint 14 KDE 4.9.5 installed on my laptop (desktop still mint13). Working perfectly so far. Love this distro. Keep on awesome work!
Orbmiser

Post by Orbmiser »

Yep using Redo Backup and backed up my Mint 14 Cinnamon then Installed the Mint KDE version last night.

Desktop Jan. 29th Linux Mint KDE Distro Dual Displays by Orbmiser, on Flickr

Use to just hate KDE back in 2006-2008 and used Gnome before I dropped linux and used Windows last 4 years.
But being back last 3 months and trying different distro's and Loving Cinnamon.

But Gave Mint KDE another whirl and have to say I'm impressed tho a bit overwhelmed by the bewildering array of settings and such. Biggest Plus for me. Is can Now have my apps open up how I want them to in size & position on my dual displays.

Always a big bugg-a-boo with me was the constant bickering back and forth between the Window Manager's dev's & Applications dev's of who was responsible for maintaining and saving last position & size on desktop.

And still no resolution on all the flavors except KDE. A Big Kudo's! to KDE for not caring who is suppose to be responsible and went ahead and did it for user as what they needed.
homerscousin

Post by homerscousin »

Yipee! Another KDE user and advocate. Yeah, I really like the ability to predetermine where and to what size any of my programs will open. So flippin convenient not to have to drag a window out of the way. Hey, KDE 4.10 in about a week.
ruel24

Post by ruel24 »

I love your dark theme. What window decoration/style/color setup are you using? I've tried several dark color sets only to find that in Firefox or something that isn't KDE I get weird things happening such as black text against a black background that I can't figure out how to fix.
Orbmiser

Post by Orbmiser »

ruel24 wrote:I love your dark theme. What window decoration/style/color setup are you using? I've tried several dark color sets only to find that in Firefox or something that isn't KDE I get weird things happening such as black text against a black background that I can't figure out how to fix.
Well Firefox using a dark grey persona. For rest of desktop Settings >Application Appearance>Cleanlooks Widget style.
On Colors Scheme is Obsidian Coast then on Colors. You can adjust all your color parameters for background and text,etc...
Active and Inactive Text,etc...

Icons used where Oxymentary and Gtk configuration was oxygen-gtk.
donec
Level 4
Level 4

Post by donec »

The latest update done today 12/27/2013 removed Gnucash and when I try reinstalling it I get a notice to fix broken packages. When I try and fix broken packages via the synaptic manager I get....

E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.
E: Error, pkgProblemResolver::Resolve generated breaks, this may be caused by held packages.
E: Unable to correct dependencies
E: Error, pkgProblemResolver::Resolve generated breaks, this may be caused by held packages.
E: Unable to correct dependencies

Any help would be appriciated.
Don
http://bestwebstop.webcentr.net
Links and accurate information provide the best answer, while garbage in provides garbage out.ImageRegistered Linux user # 449322
Moved up to LM17 KDE

Return to “Software & Applications”