[not solved, but in wait-queue]kmail 4.9.4-smtp doesn't work

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
grefabu

[not solved, but in wait-queue]kmail 4.9.4-smtp doesn't work

Post by grefabu »

Hi,

with kontact/kmail 4.9.4 I can't send Emails with authentification anymore.
I get alway a message

Code: Select all

Fehler beim Übertragen der Nachricht. Bei der Authentifizierung ist ein Fehler aufgetreten: SASL(0): successful result:

With a other client I could send messages with the same entries.

I try to delete and re-add the account, or try an other. The funny thing is, that it works sometimes, even with the new added account, but after try the other, it didn't work with the new one too, funny isn't it?

I found some hints with google, but now solution,...

Bye

Gregor
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
BubbaBlues

Re: kmail 4.9.4 - smtp doesn't work

Post by BubbaBlues »

I tried kmail about a week and a half ago and couldn't get it to work right but that stupid kwallet has bugged
me and hounded me ever since. Thunderbird is 10 times better IMO. Sorry I wasn't any help. Just felt like
ranting a little. :)
podagee

Re: kmail 4.9.4 - smtp doesn't work

Post by podagee »

i had 4.9.4 in my opensuse 12.2 and it totally messed up my partitions and Os.i gave up the 4.9.4 for the time being.a lot doesnt work
grefabu

Re: [not solved, but in wait-queue]kmail 4.9.4-smtp doesn't

Post by grefabu »

Hi,

totaly crazy, I start the computer today and it work.

Nothing changed in the settings, but very observant if it occurs again. The situation is somehow like windows, turn of and on the computer and it works,..

I look abaout it, if it happend again.

Gregor

Return to “Software & Applications”