Group open windows on icon -- is it possible?

Forum rules
Before you post please read this

Group open windows on icon -- is it possible?

Postby esper2142 on Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:51 pm

I'm trying to get applications to group up on the icon (like windows 7) instead of opening bars on the side. I've played with all of the taskbar/panel options and can't figure it out. Any ideas?

Attached is a screenshot of how it looks now.

Image
esper2142
Level 1
Level 1
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:41 am

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.
 

Re: Group open windows on icon -- is it possible?

Postby zerozero on Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:58 pm

icon tasks
http://kde-apps.org/content/show.php/?content=144808
should be in your synaptic
zerozero
Level 16
Level 16
 
Posts: 6466
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:29 pm

Re: Group open windows on icon -- is it possible?

Postby esper2142 on Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:21 am

zerozero wrote:icon tasks
http://kde-apps.org/content/show.php/?content=144808
should be in your synaptic



Wasn't in my synaptic. Also, I tried to download and install manually from the site using the readme.txt instructions, but it failed with errors.

Any other solution?
esper2142
Level 1
Level 1
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:41 am

Re: Group open windows on icon -- is it possible?

Postby zerozero on Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:54 am

without knowing the errors is impossible to help

what version of mint are you running?
zerozero
Level 16
Level 16
 
Posts: 6466
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:29 pm

Re: Group open windows on icon -- is it possible?

Postby esper2142 on Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:18 pm

zerozero wrote:without knowing the errors is impossible to help

what version of mint are you running?


Is there another software solution besides the one you've mentioned?

I'm using Mint 14 KDE 64-bit
esper2142
Level 1
Level 1
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:41 am

Re: Group open windows on icon -- is it possible?

Postby zerozero on Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:18 pm

you have plasma-widgets-addons installed? if yes that package provides icon-tasks-plasmoid
unlock widgets > bottom right of the panel > add widget > type icon task in the search bar > drag to the panel > you can now remove task manager
Image

another option is plasma-widget-smooth-tasks (they are kinda similar)
zerozero
Level 16
Level 16
 
Posts: 6466
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:29 pm

Re: Group open windows on icon -- is it possible?

Postby esper2142 on Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:17 am

zerozero wrote:you have plasma-widgets-addons installed? if yes that package provides icon-tasks-plasmoid
unlock widgets > bottom right of the panel > add widget > type icon task in the search bar > drag to the panel > you can now remove task manager
Image

another option is plasma-widget-smooth-tasks (they are kinda similar)


plasma-widgets with icon task worked like a charm. Seriously, I love you. THANK YOU SO MUCH! :-D
esper2142
Level 1
Level 1
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:41 am

Re: Group open windows on icon -- is it possible?

Postby zerozero on Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:36 am

:oops: :lol:
zerozero
Level 16
Level 16
 
Posts: 6466
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:29 pm

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.
 

Return to KDE

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Cobber and 2 guests