Dolphin & Krusader keeps hanging (Disk Sleep) randomly

Forum rules
Before you post please read this

Dolphin & Krusader keeps hanging (Disk Sleep) randomly

Postby SJNY on Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:35 pm

Hello,

I have been having a frustrating issue with Dolphin and Krusader for a while. They keep on hanging (disk sleep) randomly to the point that I have to reboot the machine each time. I believe the culprit is the mapped drive on the machine. I have one drive mapped to a windows server via fstab (content pasted below). If I remove the mapped drive I do not get the random crashing. As soon as I reboot the machine both explorers work including access to the mapped drive. At the time of the explorers crashing I have tested from other machines and the shares are available. Would anyone know why the mapped drive would be causing an issue? Also if the entries in the fstab are correct and if there is anything that I am missing. Please note that there is no password needed for the share hence no password is specified in fstab. Its been really frustrating rebooting the machine each time. Thanks for the help in advance.

# /etc/fstab: static file system information.
#
# Use 'blkid' to print the universally unique identifier for a
# device; this may be used with UUID= as a more robust way to name devices
# that works even if disks are added and removed. See fstab(5).
#
# <file system> <mount point> <type> <options> <dump> <pass>
proc /proc proc nodev,noexec,nosuid 0 0
# / was on /dev/sda1 during installation
UUID=eecdb489-d879-4f58-804a-b1ae27ae6fa0 / ext4 errors=remount-ro 0 1
# swap was on /dev/sda5 during installation
UUID=f6e9d0db-ba6a-4f18-8fe8-a29136913489 none swap sw 0 0
//192.168.1.101/Users/Public /media/SharedDocs cifs guest,uid=1000,iocharset=utf8,codepage=unicode,unicode 0 0
SJNY
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Return to KDE