[SOLVED] Akonadi fills CPU after installing LM KDE 14 64bit

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Zalbor

[SOLVED] Akonadi fills CPU after installing LM KDE 14 64bit

Post by Zalbor »

It's basically in the title.

I've been using the 32bit edition for a while now, and decided to give the 64bit edition a try. It was fine when using the live DVD session, but when I log into the installed system, the CPU usage just flies up to 100% on all cores and the system freezes within moments.

I'm using an Asus M55S, the CPU is an Intel Core i7-2670 QM at 2.2 GHz.

Like I said, the live session worked perfectly and windows works on 64bit so my CPU definitely supports it. Any ideas?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Zalbor

Re: CPU at 100% after installing LM KDE 14 64bit

Post by Zalbor »

I managed to open a terminal and run top. The processes causing the problem seem to be Akonadi.
Zalbor

Re: Akonadi fills CPU after installing LM KDE 14 64bit

Post by Zalbor »

Using this new info, I found this bug report: https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=265896

Removing ~/.config/akonadi fixed the problem.
Praetorian

Re: [SOLVED] Akonadi fills CPU after installing LM KDE 14 64

Post by Praetorian »

Can you please detail how to remove this "Akonadi" file? Thanks.
Zalbor

Re: [SOLVED] Akonadi fills CPU after installing LM KDE 14 64

Post by Zalbor »

The easiest way to do it is via terminal. If you can open one (program's name on KDE: Konsole) then typing

Code: Select all

rm -r ~/.config/akonadi
should do the trick.

The way via file manager would be to open one, go to your home folder, make sure hidden files are visible (there should be a checkbox in the wrench or cog (I forget which) menu), go in the .config directory and delete the one named akonadi.

Return to “Software & Applications”