desktop backgroound image

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Kholargol

Re: desktop backgroound image

Post by Kholargol »

I searched and searched again, I can change every details of my desktop except the wallpaper ! This is crazyness !
Last edited by Kholargol on Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
anonymous9001

Post by anonymous9001 »

I just had this same experience yesterday. I was like, "why isn't there just a button to change the wallpaper." Linux Mint 17 KDE right click on the desktop and then select folder properties. I don't even know how that makes sense, but it worked for me.
goldshirt9

Post by goldshirt9 »

the answer has been given you
"
caf4926 wrote:Because kde uses activity workspaces it's different
Right click> unlock widgets
Right click > desktop/folder view settings (depends on what you have), you should see what I mean and what to do from there

when you are done > right click lock widgets
" :)

works in 17 release as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRb0gH1M8So
damasa

Post by damasa »

I'll answer the question then. In Linux mint KDE, right click on the desktop, then in the popup menu, at the bottom, open 'Folder Settings'. Done. Why it's called 'Folder Settings' who knows...
Last edited by Oscar799 on Fri May 29, 2015 3:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited for profanity
mr_raider
Level 7
Level 7

Post by mr_raider »

There is some confusion. KDE allows different types of desktop. Default desktop is the usual one, but Mint comes configured out of the box with Folder desktop. Folder desktop is similar to a windows 7 desktop in that all the icons are stored in a folder.

Right clicking will allow you to change the desktop background but the name of the heading will vary by type of desktop being used, like default, search and launch or folder.

You can also access the desktop settings through the settings manager.
bradhamilton

Post by bradhamilton »

jsplicer wrote:
I'm going to dig around further try to get to the bottom of this to help others if they come across it.
FWIW, I found a much easier way, based on a previous post in this thread:

Right mouse click on the desktop
Choose "Folder Settings" at the bottom of the pick list
Voila! There are the "desktop settings"! Don't know why KDE makes this so hard, by (deliberately?) mis-labeling the "feature".

In any case, it works. Guess what, though - I tried Kubuntu with KDE5, and there are similar issues all over the board, making folks work much harder to enable features that are only a mouse-click or two away on (e.g.) Cinnamon, Mate, or Gnome.

Folks like to call KDE "infinitely customizable" - I would call it "infinitely frustrating".

Here comes KDE5 - BOHICA!

Return to “Software & Applications”