Linux Mint 17 KDE?

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
frsu

Re: Linux Mint 17 KDE?

Post by frsu »

Installed it and added Homerun launcher. Perfect on my touchscreen. :D
colyn

Post by colyn »

Well someone finally got their head out of the clouds and fixed the install issue that was in Mint KDE 16.
Mint 15 worked fine. Mint 16 would not install on 3 different computers. Mint 17 got it right again..
The installer in Mint 16 would crash each time I started it but Mint 17 installer went fast and easy..
temetka
Level 1
Level 1

Post by temetka »

As a long time KDE user I am anxiously awaiting the latest release from the Mint team. I have been using Mint 16 on one of my laptops and am very happy with it, but am holding off until the RC version is available before installing it on my primary machine. I hope they don't rush from RC to Stable and do a good job and thoroughly test everything.
konjad

Post by konjad »

RC is already available for days.
temetka
Level 1
Level 1

Post by temetka »

konjad wrote:RC is already available for days.
RC. No thanks.

I will wait until the official launch.
Bikk

Post by Bikk »

temetka wrote:
RC. No thanks.

That's what I thought you 'meant'... but re-read your previous post.. (it was conflicting/confusing ;^))
temetka
Level 1
Level 1

Post by temetka »

Bikk wrote:
temetka wrote:
RC. No thanks.

That's what I thought you 'meant'... but re-read your previous post.. (it was conflicting/confusing ;^))
Seemed clear to me. What part was conflicting?
Bikk

Post by Bikk »

temetka wrote: but am holding off until the RC version is available before installing it on my primary machine

This means that you were waiting for RC to be released so you could download it... which is why the previous poster answered your post the way he did...
temetka
Level 1
Level 1

Post by temetka »

Bikk wrote:
temetka wrote: but am holding off until the RC version is available before installing it on my primary machine

This means that you were waiting for RC to be released so you could download it... which is why the previous poster answered your post the way he did...
Derp. I meant final.

that being said, I can't wait anymore. I am downloading the RC now.

I got a new SSD and can't wait to see how it performs with Linux and my Thinkpad T410. I can do an apt-get distupgrade later, or wipe and re-install for the LTS final version.
colyn

Post by colyn »

temetka wrote: I got a new SSD and can't wait to see how it performs with Linux and my Thinkpad T410. I can do an apt-get distupgrade later, or wipe and re-install for the LTS final version.
The only difference between the RC and final will be bug fixes. If you do all updates that come up the RC will become the final without having to do a dist-upgrade or re-install..
virusdunil

Post by virusdunil »

Damned QIANA......i just cant complaint............... :lol: ...........for an RC it goes just perfect.

Im not a linux guru,simple usage,mostly internet,a lot of playing with conky i mean the old way,no lua or scripts ect. my whole wallpaper is a conky with a lot of things and cpu runs at less than 20%...mem usage at 20-25% the whole time

attached is a pic of my conky...all i can say is that Qiana is NOT a ressource and energy eater :wink:

Thank to Qiana's dev to all the work theyve done for this excellent dist.

I think that a lot of windblows user will swith OS with this release...dont you ?
virusdunil

Post by virusdunil »

Ohhh...I forgot...

Theres just 1 thing that i found annoyng...........its when i plug my cell phone an go to DCIM to see my pics and vids,i dont see the previews....i have to copy the pics from DCIM and put them in the home folder to see the pics but again,when they re copyed i dont see video's preview,only the pics previews :( :roll:
EDIT: when i try to read a video directly from DCIM,it says...Cannot find input plugin for MRL
is there a solution for that pleazzzzzzz ? :mrgreen:
mr_raider
Level 7
Level 7

Post by mr_raider »

virusdunil wrote:Ohhh...I forgot...

Theres just 1 thing that i found annoyng...........its when i plug my cell phone an go to DCIM to see my pics and vids,i dont see the previews....i have to copy the pics from DCIM and put them in the home folder to see the pics but again,when they re copyed i dont see video's preview,only the pics previews :( :roll:
EDIT: when i try to read a video directly from DCIM,it says...Cannot find input plugin for MRL
is there a solution for that pleazzzzzzz ? :mrgreen:
is it an Android phone? try switching the mode from MTP to PTP in Android settings.
virusdunil

Post by virusdunil »

can i give you a kiss ? :lol:

thanks a lot for this one :mrgreen: it works
mr_raider
Level 7
Level 7

Post by mr_raider »

virusdunil wrote:can i give you a kiss ? :lol:

thanks a lot for this one :mrgreen: it works

Keep your west Nile viruses to yourself!
virusdunil

Post by virusdunil »

hihihi :mrgreen:
Xanadu

Post by Xanadu »

KDE stable release ready to download. :)

http://ftp.heanet.ie/pub/linuxmint.com/stable/17/
virusdunil

Post by virusdunil »

well...the RC runs too well for me...no need to dload the stable release hahaha :mrgreen:
Adelante

Post by Adelante »

Thanks, Xanadu :D
Alejandro24

Post by Alejandro24 »

Xanadu wrote:KDE stable release ready to download. :)

http://ftp.heanet.ie/pub/linuxmint.com/stable/17/
TG! Finally is here!

Return to “Software & Applications”