ELLYSA Installer crashed during partitioning

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
doman18

ELLYSA Installer crashed during partitioning

Post by doman18 »

ImageImage

As you see I tried to delete old "/" partition and make new because a couldnt just format it. Installer crashed and show

Code: Select all

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/ubiquity/ubiquity/frontend/kde_ui.py", line 1464, in on_partition_create_use_combo_changed
    text = str(self.create_dialog.partition_create_use_combo.currentText())
UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xf3' in position 11: ordinal not in range(128)
I also dont have acces to my partitions beacause i get "The enclosing file for colume is loced". Why it's happen when GNOME live cd dont cause such problems?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: ELLYSA Installer crashed during partitioning

Post by Husse »

I tried to delete old "/" partition and make new because a couldnt just format it
Of course you can, and if there is such a serious error in the installer I would break off and not go any further
Seems to me you have done something strange
can't encode character u'\xf3'
or perhaps rather that the live DVD did something strange - I suggest you check the md5sum of the ISO and burn again at the lowest speed possible as I suspect a bad DVD

Return to “Software & Applications”