[solved] Noob question: What is this % popup thing?

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
oldgranola
Level 5
Level 5

[solved] Noob question: What is this % popup thing?

Post by oldgranola »

Playing with KDE LM17.1 on a light netbook. kenel 3.16.0-28. I keep getting a little popup showing a monitor icon and some variable number%. It seems to countdown fairly quickly but doesn't correlate with battery power ramaining or anything obviouse to me. When I 'do something' on the screen it resets to 60% or so, so perhaps relating to screen timout? But I can't seem to find the proper setting to make it go away. Its annoying and I'd just like it to go away. I don't see this on any of my Cinnamon or XFCE boxes. Cheers and thanks.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
comadore, pcDOS, hpux, solaris, vms-vax ....blah blah blah..
Yet I'm still a fn nooob
DrHu

Re: Noob question: What is this % popup thing?

Post by DrHu »

How about power control for the monitor, do you have some settings arranged to shutdown that device..
--the exact popup msg is probably important (as to what it is: refers to ?? )
Possibly laptop power control/tools is in play..(hibernate/sleep mode etc..)
oldgranola
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Noob question: What is this % popup thing?

Post by oldgranola »

DrHu wrote:How about power control for the monitor, do you have some settings arranged to shutdown that device..
--the exact popup msg is probably important (as to what it is: refers to ?? )
Possibly laptop power control/tools is in play..(hibernate/sleep mode etc..)
I figure but thats what I'm asking. The box with a monitor and a Percent % number doesn't correlate to battery power left or anything I can see. he screen doesn't change brightness as that number changes. I have the battery set to notify at 20% and hibernate at 5% but thats all. Maybe I'll just turn power management off completely and see if it goes away.
comadore, pcDOS, hpux, solaris, vms-vax ....blah blah blah..
Yet I'm still a fn nooob

Return to “Software & Applications”