Move Favorites in Menu

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
pcpunk
Level 5
Level 5

Move Favorites in Menu

Post by pcpunk »

Hey guys, how do I move my favorites up or down in the favorites menu list?

Right now using Lancelot. I tried all I could to no avail.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
HP Compaq nx7400, Cinnamon 19.2
Intel R Core™2CPU, T5500@1.66GHz, 4GB Crucial RAM
Super Clean Runs Perfect
Cobber

Re: Move Favorites in Menu

Post by Cobber »

Don't know how Lancelot works, but without it, you can only reorder them when in "Application Launcher Style" mode.

Right click on the launcher icon and you should see the option to select that mode.

Then you simply drag the items in Favorites up or down to suit. Once finished, switch back to whatever menu style you were using.
DeMus

Post by DeMus »

Using Application Launcher Settings is not necessary.
Just click and hold an item in your favorites list and drag the mouse up or down the list. When it is placed between 2 items you see a line appearing. That's the place to let go of the mouse-button. The item has now been placed on the line between 2 other items. There's nothing to it.
pcpunk
Level 5
Level 5

Post by pcpunk »

Got it guys, in Lancelot you need to right click and Unlock Widgets and then one is able to move them as usual. In the Default Application Launcher one can just do it like mentioned by DeMus. I'm just glad it is possible as I love this Menu. Thanks for your help! Simple stuff but if one has not done it then it is all just foreign.
HP Compaq nx7400, Cinnamon 19.2
Intel R Core™2CPU, T5500@1.66GHz, 4GB Crucial RAM
Super Clean Runs Perfect

Return to “Software & Applications”