Embedding Compressed Files in Konqueror (Elyssa KDE CE Live)

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Doryforos

Embedding Compressed Files in Konqueror (Elyssa KDE CE Live)

Post by Doryforos »

Hello Forum!

From the Kubuntu FAQ
(http://www.kubuntu.org/faq#defaultkonq)

Q: How do I change Konqueror back to the default KDE profiles?

A: Kubuntu comes with a simplified Konqueror profile to make things more
use friendly compared to default KDE. To get back to the default KDE
profiles:

Code: Select all

sudo rm -r /usr/share/kubuntu-default-settings/kde-profile/default/share/apps/konqueror
[this one not needed in gutsy]

sudo cp /usr/share/apps/konqueror/konqueror-orig.rc /usr/share/apps/konqueror/konqueror.rc
To enable Konqueror to open tar and zip files:

sudo rm -r /usr/share/kubuntu-default-settings/kde-profile/default/share/mimelnk/application/
I have done this in Elyssa KDE CE Live CD, but it doesn't work.

I have also searched the forum, for "embed konqueror" and "kubuntu-default-settings", without success -- the search function cancels word(s) of my query, as it deems them too common to construct a good query.

Any suggestions?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: Embedding Compressed Files in Konqueror (Elyssa KDE CE Live)

Post by Husse »

Well that is not Kubuntu but the folders you refer to exists
It is possible that this needs a reboot which of course is not possible on the live CD
Doryforos

Post by Doryforos »

Thanks for replying.

No, it doesn't need a reboot for Kubuntu.

But, anyway, this is not standard Konqueror behaviour, and there must be a way to revert things to normal, since they have been obviously altered from normal.

It would be nice if somebody came up with a solution...
Husse

Post by Husse »

What do you try to achieve?
Doryforos

Post by Doryforos »

Konqueror's normal (default) behaviour is:

When a .tar.gz or a .tar.bz2 or a .zip archive is double-clicked, and "Show file in embedded viewer" is set for these file types in KDE Control Centre | KDE Components | File Associations, then the archive is opened inside Konqueror, and the URL "tar:/" or "zip:/" is shown in the location bar (in other words, the contents of the archives can be seen in Konqueror's right pane, with folders and normal navigation -- as if a folder was being browsed).

But, in Linux Mint 5.0 (Elyssa KDE CE), when run from the live DVD, when such archives are double clicked, they are opened in ark.

I am simply trying to revert this to Konqueror's normal behaviour, i.e. I want the archives to open inside Konqueror, using the respective KIO Slaves, as described above -- this is what is expected anyway, since I have set these file types to be "shown in embedded viewer", as above; this is, BTW, exactly what happens, when I double-click on a plain text file (as I have set it to be so): it opens inside Konqueror, i.e. in the embedded viewer.

Return to “Software & Applications”