Newbie in KDE Mint

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Husse

Re: Newbie in KDE Mint

Post by Husse »

To be able to answer you at all we need to know which version of Mint KDE you installed
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
rec9140

Re: Newbie in KDE Mint

Post by rec9140 »

magnastik wrote:1st) When i'm copying files from another PC/Drive shows up the widget with the file transfer progress but than disapears. I would that it would be visible all the time.
If its small, it will appear and then disappear quicker than you can get to the box to check the box that says keep open.

There I am sure is a spot to keep this open, I don't use it so I am not sure where to point. If you copy a big enough file check the box, and that should be the default form then on.
magnastik wrote: 2nd) When i've various copying instances they get stuck one over the others and i can't remove them.
You will need to explain better what the problem is as I don't understand at this point.
magnastik wrote: 3rd) How can i view the files and folder on desktop (like in Gnome)?
Never touch gnome, so I don't know what gnome does.

If you want to view files, folders and etc... Hit the PC icon on the taskbar and then select either "home folder" to see what is in your home folder for the current user. Select storage to look at other hard disks, flash drives, etc that are connected to the local system. Select network storage for items like a NAS or Samba shares. This will open a Konqueror window for your to see files and folders.
magnastik wrote: 4th) IS there a list of keyboard shortcuts to help use mint kde, like CTRL+ALT+L (Lock screen) or CTRL+ALT+D (Show Desktop)
http://developer.kde.org/documentation/ ... tcuts.html

http://wiki.kde.org/tiki-index.php?page ... +Shortcuts

Also:

Kmenu (the BLUE LM logo) then System Settings then under Regional & Accessibility then Keyboard Shortcuts will give a list of the defined shortcuts.

Return to “Software & Applications”