Just wanted to say thanks

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
anthony.rich

Just wanted to say thanks

Post by anthony.rich »

I have been a user of Mint for some time now, since Darnya in fact, I have so far, stuck with the Gnome version - although I have dabbled with XFCE.

Before Mint I was a PCLOS user, again I loved this distro, because like mint, it just worked. No messing around installing missing codecs, or flash player etc.

With PCLOS being KDE based, I wanted to see how KDE has changed, now that it is at version 4.2 - so who better to try than Mint KDE.

Wow what a release - you say its unstable - but it looks amazing to me. I do like the new version of KDE, much to my surprise, expected it to be cluttered like the older version. It doesn't appear to be heavier than Gnome on resources and with some great features like desktop widgets etc.

I am going to have fun playing with this release, it's installed on my hard-drive, I will let you know how I get on with it.

Just wanted to say thanks - so thanks. (I will donate something to the cause)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
exploder
Level 15
Level 15

Re: Just wanted to say thanks

Post by exploder »

Glad to hear you like the new KDE CE!

Return to “Software & Applications”