Mint KDE 7 and Kubuntu 9.04

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
hoppy785

Mint KDE 7 and Kubuntu 9.04

Post by hoppy785 »

Boo, will mint kde 7 have support for ext4... i assume so since kubuntu has it. also i wanted to know if you were aware of an odd total freeze up that appears to be plaguing many kubuntu 9.04 users. it has been reported as a bug, but there doesn't seem to be much help coming down the pipes and nobody seems to be able to pin point the exact problem. For most users it appears to be related to heavy internet (torrents, movie streaming,etc.). heres a link to a 30+ page discussion on it.http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1135055&page=1... you may no of it. just thought i'd share it with you as it does seem to be driving some away from the distro and i'd hate for it to plague mint kde ce
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Boo
Level 7
Level 7

Re: Mint KDE 7 and Kubuntu 9.04

Post by Boo »

Yes it has ext4 support, i tried an install with it but had a system or xserver freeze soon after logging in after installation and it lost some desktop icons. could just be coincidence but i have not tried since.
apart from that i have not had a lockup at all on my main system since RC days.

Boo
Now where was i going? Oh yes, crazy!

Return to “Software & Applications”