Application Launcher

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
manny

Application Launcher

Post by manny »

Is there an application launcher in Linux Mint KDE8 similar to the one in Gnome? I would like to add an script for Skype to have my camera working. Any suggestions? Linux Mint KDE really rocks.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
richyrich

Re: Application Launcher

Post by richyrich »

Right click the panel or desktop -> Unlock Widgets. Then right-click -> Add Widget . . (see below). Just add your script/commands. If one doesn't work, you can always try another, and there are more by clicking the Install New Widgets button . . hope you find something that works for you . . let us know.

richy :)
launcher.jpeg
manny

Re: Application Launcher

Post by manny »

Ricky, thank you very much for your prompt reply to my e-mail. Probably I didn't explain properly what I'm trying to achieve in here. I have a camera that I need to preload an script to be able to use it on Skype. If I run the following line on Terminal "LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/libv4l/v4l1compat.so skype" it opens Skype and my camera works. On Linux Mint main I managed trough autostart programs to insert the script and when I launch Skype it will enable my camera and it works. With KDE I type the script on Terminal and it works, I tried KDE autostart and with "run the script on Terminal option" it fails to work. I tried the Menu's Editor Skype "advance" "Run in Terminal option" and the script fails to operate as well. Thank you very much for your help.

manny

Return to “Software & Applications”