Change or Create Splash Screen for KDE LM9

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Andrew33

Change or Create Splash Screen for KDE LM9

Post by Andrew33 »

Can anyone tell me or give some reference to changing or creating a splash screen for the KDE LM9...I've seen some instances for Gnome, but even what explanations are there, are skecthy at best, all I want to do is change or create a new background picture for the splash before the login....I need something that's quite a bit more in depth and to the point, not just beating around the bush. Any suggestions or information is greatly appreciated....thank you....cheers

Andrew
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Leit

Re: Change or Create Splash Screen for KDE LM9

Post by Leit »

Look in your configuration (ain't know who it's named in english), there where you can change window appearence, standart-fonts, colorthemes and such stuff, there you also should be able to change the splashscreen and/or download and install new ones directly from kde-look.org.
colyn

Post by colyn »

Application launcher-system settings-appearance-splash screen. There should be several by default but if you want more click get new themes..

Login theme: Application launcher-system settings-advanced-login manager. Double click and enter your password. In the general tab check to see if your language is selected. Next click the theme tab. Again there will be several to choose from or get new themes..

As for the screen just before the login screen I don't think that can be changed but if anybody knows how I'd like to know..
Andrew33

Post by Andrew33 »

Thanks Colyn....that's pretty much what I'm looking for is to change the background screen before the login....the one where the square appears with the animated icons inside....that's the splash screen....cheers

Return to “Software & Applications”