Oxygen Transparent doesnt seem to apply to every window

Forum rules
Before you post please read this

Oxygen Transparent doesnt seem to apply to every window

Postby flips92691 on Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:15 am

As the title says, oxygen or oxygen transparent does not seem to apply to every window. im new to kde and how the window managers work, but it is quite annoying. Here are some screenshots to help explain. also i believe wheni installed and uninstalled qtcurve it did something with my icons as you can see on the right on docky, terminal icon does not appear, same with dolphin file browser. Pic - Image any ideas how i can get everything to look all nice and pretty with oxygen transparency(maybe a way to reset all defaults in kde so its backto how it was right after install?). Oh and also, my desktop background tends to disapear at times. My desktop background isnt that blue you see in the scrteenshot XD (right click and open image in new tab to see it all - dual monitor)
flips92691
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Oxygen Transparent doesnt seem to apply to every window

Postby flips92691 on Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:44 pm

Bump, noone has any thoughts on this?
flips92691
Level 1
Level 1

Postby bluheron1 on Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:37 am

I haven't tried this myself, but you can open the menu, go to system settings, then workspace appearance. select desktop theme and click on default and then apply. You can also do the same for window decorations. Hope that helps.
bluheron1
Level 1
Level 1

Postby dalcde on Mon May 14, 2012 5:04 am

I'm not a KDE user, but I think this is what's happening:

In Linux, most programs use either GTK+ or Qt (things that make it handy to write GUI programs) for their GUI. The oxygen theme probably only apply to things that use Qt (e.g. the Dolphin browser), but not GTK+ ones (e.g. the software manager).
dalcde
Level 4
Level 4

Return to KDE