Knetworkmanager no longer opening on boot [SOLVED]

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
phd7
Level 3
Level 3

Knetworkmanager no longer opening on boot [SOLVED]

Post by phd7 »

I believe it has something to do with connecting to my VU+ duo. I had it running for a while and one day ig got some message whivh finished with "Knetwork manager will start automatically or some such. To get it running, I have to type "sudo knetworkmanager" in a terminal. Then Ican activate broadband but not the wired connection.

Typing without the sudo gives me:

mint@dell ~ $ knetworkmanager
mint@dell ~ $ knetworkmanager(2751)/kdecore (KConfigSkeleton) KCoreConfigSkeleton::writeConfig:
knetworkmanager(2751)/kdecore (KLibrary) kde4Factory: The library "/usr/lib/kde4/solid_networkmanager07.so" does not offer a qt_plugin_instance function.

Connecting to deprecated signal QDBusConnectionInterface::serviceOwnerChanged(QString,QString,QString)

QLayout: Attempting to add QLayout "" to InterfaceConnectionItem "", which already has a layout
QLayout: Attempting to add QLayout "" to InterfaceConnectionItem "", which already has a layout

DIDNT OPEN
-----------------

With sudo (before activating dongle):

mint@dell ~ $ sudo knetworkmanager
[sudo] password for mint:
Error: "/var/tmp/kdecache-mint" is owned by uid 1000 instead of uid 0.
Error: "/tmp/kde-mint" is owned by uid 1000 instead of uid 0.
knetworkmanager(2784)/kdecore (KLibrary) kde4Factory: The library "/usr/lib/kde4/solid_networkmanager07.so" does not offer a qt_plugin_instance function.

Connecting to deprecated signal QDBusConnectionInterface::serviceOwnerChanged(QString,QString,QString)

QSystemTrayIcon::setVisible: No Icon set
mint@dell ~ $ Object::disconnect: Unexpected null parameter
Object::disconnect: Unexpected null parameter

upon activating dongle...

KCrash: Application 'knetworkmanager' crashing...
sock_file=/home/mint/.kde/socket-dell/kdeinit4__0
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Electroman6913

Re: Knetworkmanager no longer opening on boot

Post by Electroman6913 »

At start up do you notice what it says while starting the network daemon.

Another good way to see what is going on is to restart the network daemon with /etc/rc.d/network restart
phd7
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Knetworkmanager no longer opening on boot

Post by phd7 »

Thanks.
I sorted it by chowning these 2 back to me:

Error: "/var/tmp/kdecache-mint" is owned by uid 1000 instead of uid 0.
Error: "/tmp/kde-mint" is owned by uid 1000 instead of uid 0.

Return to “Software & Applications”