Mint 13 Maya Xfce is in testing! Woo hoo!

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
edwardr

Mint 13 Maya Xfce is in testing! Woo hoo!

Post by edwardr »

Just had to yell it out somewhere. I can't wait!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
wenchkin

Re: Mint 13 Maya Xfce is in testing! Woo hoo!

Post by wenchkin »

Agreed!

I'm really enjoying XFCE as a desktop now so I can't wait to try the new Mint flavoured one :)

Wenchy
darknetmatrix
Level 3
Level 3

Post by darknetmatrix »

this one shall be perfect fot my netbook, can't wait
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁ Debian - The universal operating system
⢿⡄⠘⠷⠚⠋⠀ https://www.debian.org
⠈⠳⣄⠀
hugoleal85
Level 1
Level 1

Post by hugoleal85 »

drumBE wrote:this one shall be perfect fot my netbook, can't wait
Same here.

This is perfect for a netbook or an old PC.

Can't wait. :-)
edwardr

Post by edwardr »

hugoleal85 wrote:
drumBE wrote:this one shall be perfect fot my netbook, can't wait
Same here.

This is perfect for a netbook or an old PC.

Can't wait. :-)
This is perfect for my primary computer!
jjaythomas

Post by jjaythomas »

Approved for RC (both 32 and 64 bit)

SO Coming to a mirror near you.

J.Jay :mrgreen:
Monsta
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Monsta »

Yes, it's approved, but -
Clem wrote:XFApplet-plugin is missing (it'd be nice to get mintmenu working in XFCE this release)
It can be a disappointment for some users, I guess.
zerozero

Post by zerozero »

here they are http://ftp.heanet.ie/pub/linuxmint.com/testing/?C=M;O=D
remember: it's an rc, they are not publicly announced yet (use at your own risk)
tdockery97
Level 14
Level 14

Post by tdockery97 »

Mint 13 Xfce is looking very nice. I've completed all my post-install application installations and configurations, and have only run into one minor issue. When maximizing applications they do not fill the screen properly. The windows end up slightly off-center to the right and down several pixels from the top.

Here's a screenshot. Click to enlarge:

EDIT: Sorry, it was an easy solve. Just had to set the workspace margins for Workspace 1 to 0 all the way around. :oops:
Mint Cinnamon 20.1
jjaythomas

Post by jjaythomas »

Started a thread to organise (all in one place hopefully) all thing found/wondering about in the RC.

The margins were the first thing I noticed also (thought was display or video driver problem) mine were set at 10 all around :roll:

J.Jay
dajare

Post by dajare »

Too bad there isn't an obvious (unless I'm missing something!) download link anywhere. I found it by "surfing" my closest mirror:

http://ftp.heanet.ie/pub/linuxmint.com/testing/

I thought there might have been a link on the "Testing" page, for example. If there is one there, I can't find it! 8)
jjaythomas

Post by jjaythomas »

Check above
ZZero posted link a couple post above in this thread.

I did like you got from 'heanet' (figured first to get being Ireland). as soon (maybe to soon :oops: ) as RC aproved. But think I may have got a bad burn, so re-download ISO from above link and going to try reburn (Brasero in this RC install).

J.Jay
dajare

Post by dajare »

tdockery97 wrote:EDIT: Sorry, it was an easy solve. Just had to set the workspace margins for Workspace 1 to 0 all the way around. :oops:
Glad you posted this -- thanks! I was going nuts looking for that setting! I'm used to finding it elsewhere in LXDE. It seems (to me, anyway) that a margin of 10 all round is odd for a default setting; I don't recall seeing that before.
jjaythomas

Post by jjaythomas »

Still got margins of 10 on a reburn/new install :?

Maybe because of using exteral monitor conected to a laptop's dock. :idea: Used tobe a workaround for old CRTs that because of curvature of screen would lop off corners :lol:

J.Jay
Adelante

Post by Adelante »

Mint 13 xfce is working beautifully on my computer. A few minor adjustments to be made here and there after updating, but nothing to make me pull out my hair. Thank you to Clem and the Linux Mint team. Lovely work. :D
wenchkin

Post by wenchkin »

I installed the RC yesterday... I've got the wee border glitch that others report but otherwise I haven't hit a single error or glitch yet. Fantastic job as always, graphics driver installed great, sound is working fine. Internet connection worked first time, as did updating. I Installed a fair pile of software without any hitches, everything seems to be running fine. Even Jack and IDJC worked first time - they've been more tempremental on 12.04 but not this time.

Thank you so much for bringing XFCE back into Maya. It's so nice to be using Mint as a main distro again, and the way this Maya mouse is shaping up, I think I'm back to using Mint as my main working distro now.

Wenchy
nymark1

Post by nymark1 »

I see that Mint 13 Xfce now has Jockey for installing drivers. Nice, I missed that one.
Is Mint Xfce based on Ubuntu, since it has Jockey? I thought it was based on Debian?
Bill Lariviere
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Bill Lariviere »

Is this release as newbie-friendly as Linux Mint 10 with Gnome2? Well, except for the fact it's still a RC...
zerozero

Post by zerozero »

nymark1 wrote:I see that Mint 13 Xfce now has Jockey for installing drivers. Nice, I missed that one.
Is Mint Xfce based on Ubuntu, since it has Jockey? I thought it was based on Debian?
Linuxmint from now on supports the xfce desktop in both the "ubuntu-based" ed. and in the "debian-based" ed.

Return to “Xfce”