No vertical edge tiling, missing alt-right-click to resize?

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
argodar

No vertical edge tiling, missing alt-right-click to resize?

Post by argodar »

Hello,

I've installed linux mint 13 xfce, and I'm having 2 problems:

1. only vertical edge tiling works (top and bottom tiling), horizontal tiling doesn't work (nothing happens when I drag a window to the left or right)
2. XFCE usually has the ability to resize windows when pressing ALT and doing a right-click drag with the mouse. This doesn't work in mint 13 xfce.

I've been looking through all the settings and couldn't find anything related. Are these known issues?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
argodar

Re: No vertical edge tiling, missing alt-right-click to resi

Post by argodar »

Well I found the solution to both problems.

1. disable "Wrap workspaces when dragging a window off the screen" in "Settings -> Window Manager -> Advanced" makes vertical tiling work
2. I'm running the mint 13 xfce guest in virtualbox in a mint 13 cinnamon host. Pressing alt activates window resizing in the host and cancels out the alt-drag shortcut in the guest. When running the same guest in a windows XP host, alt-dragging works fine. Changing the key from alt to ctrl in the guest makes it possible to ctrl-drag in the guest
defcon

Post by defcon »

Nice :-) Thank you
Kthulhu

Post by Kthulhu »

But can you please tell - _where_ to change it from alt to ctrl or win-key? I remember i've seen this option in Mate, but can't find it in Cinnamon.
defcon

Post by defcon »

Then ask your question in a cinnamon thread, and not in Xfce :p

Return to “Xfce”