Initial tweaks when installing Mint 13 Xfce

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Adelante

Re: Initial tweaks when installing Mint 13 Xfce

Post by Adelante »

I'm extremely happy with the LM 14 release of Xfce and with Cinnamon, too. I'm not too crazy about MATE somehow. I have nothing against it, but it never pleased me especially. I like KDE and I like Mint KDE, but I have some graphic annoyances with my computer and KDE on Mint. Fortunately, I like Netrunner 12.12 very much, too. It's all good. :D
igor83

Post by igor83 »

Adelante wrote:I'm extremely happy with the LM 14 release of Xfce and with Cinnamon, too. I'm not too crazy about MATE somehow. I have nothing against it, but it never pleased me especially. I like KDE and I like Mint KDE, but I have some graphic annoyances with my computer and KDE on Mint. Fortunately, I like Netrunner 12.12 very much, too. It's all good. :D
Installing and using Mate for a couple of days gave me a new appreciation of Xfce, and I went right back to it. At this point in time, it really does fill a niche, no doubt about it.
usbtux

Post by usbtux »

As you may notice there’s no default network browsing in M14 xfce file manager (thunar)

http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... 89#p667004 solves this problem very easily.
gemini89

Post by gemini89 »

I like having an keyboard shortcut to popup the menu. However there´s no default in XFCE, and it´s not native in the Keyboard - shortcuts either.
However it´s simple to add. Just go to menu > settings > keyboard and then ´Application Shortcuts` press ´Add` and write:

xfce4-popup-applicationsmenu

Click ok and then double-click on in to choose which button or buttons you want to use. I preffer Super L (normally the button with a windows logo on it.)

Return to “Xfce”