Mint 13 XFCE

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
jjaythomas

Re: Mint 13 XFCE

Post by jjaythomas »

Instead of compiling...

If using a Debian stable or LMDE (testing) you can activate the SID (unstable) repo and grab the Xfce 4.10, then deactivate (or deleate) those repos so as not get other updates things you don't want. :wink:

P.S. I did with a straight LMDE awile back. I since uninstalled LMDE so don't know if caused promblem down road! :oops:

J.Jay
rkmugen

Post by rkmugen »

I can do everything I used to do on Windows XP Pro on my 6-7 year-old notebook... YouTube, print/scan, compose templates for my students within OpenOffice... absolutely EVERYTHING.... except run a few games. But that's not Mint 13 XFCE's fault... WineHQ is just a mess at the moment.
ultraviolet
Level 2
Level 2

Post by ultraviolet »

i change to XFCE from Cinnamon on my desktop because of liking it so much on my lowly-powered laptop
“Your as addicted as I am”
BillV

Post by BillV »

Thank Linux Mint, still pretty new to this so dont know if I would know a bad Linux OS. I've tried Ubuntu 11.04 (non-unity) on a vintage 2002 Dell Dimension 2400 pc with good results, (still use it occasionally, just slow). I run two of the other LM's in VirtualBox, 13 Mate and 12 KDE, KDE is nice looking but resource intensive in VirtualBox even on this FX6100 cpu, w/16GB ram but again being new I probably don't have VBox optimized. What I would like to know is how can i get Thunderbird to notify me when i have new e-mails in the system tray? I changed my file manager to Nautilus instead of Thunar.
Thanks

Return to “Xfce”