Fullscreen has a margin

Forum rules
Before you post please read this

Fullscreen has a margin

Postby teilnehmer on Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:13 am

Hello,

on my fresh install of Linux Mint 13 XFCE I encountered a strange behaviour of the window managing. When I go to fullscreen, I have a margin of maybe 10px around the maximized window. This margin is on the top, left and right side of the maximized window. I can see my desktop fringe behind that window, or other windows that are still open.
When I manually drag a window to all the borders, I get a real fullscreen.

I attached a screenshot to demonstrate. Is this a bug or a feature? I checked several menus regarding window and desktop behaviour, but couldn't find anything. Also, websearching didn't bring up anything worthwhile.

Thanks in advance,

Jan
Attachments
maximized.png
This is a maximized window. A margin is visible that puzzles me.
maximized.png (162.45 KiB) Viewed 368 times
teilnehmer
Level 2
Level 2

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Fullscreen has a margin

Postby caribriz on Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:45 am

Hi,

This problem was a known issue with the RC of Linux Mint 13 xfce, but as far as I know it was fixed in the final release.
Try going to Menu > Settings > Workspaces > Margins and remove the margins.

caribriz
Desktop: C2D E6400 / Asus P5LD2SE / 2GB ram / Asus GeForce 210 / 320GB (WinXP) & 1TB (Mint - various)
Laptop: Asus A53E-SX1455V - i5 2450M / 4GB ram / Intel HD 3000 / 500GB (Win7/Mint 17 Cinnamon)
caribriz
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Fullscreen has a margin

Postby teilnehmer on Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:21 am

Thanks caribriz!! Good catch - I didn't think of the workspaces, I was fumbilng for something around the windows or the desktop (because I don't use multiple workspaces). Works flawlessly now! Have a nice day, and thanks again.
teilnehmer
Level 2
Level 2

Return to XFCE