Fullscreen has a margin

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
teilnehmer

Fullscreen has a margin

Post by teilnehmer »

Hello,

on my fresh install of Linux Mint 13 XFCE I encountered a strange behaviour of the window managing. When I go to fullscreen, I have a margin of maybe 10px around the maximized window. This margin is on the top, left and right side of the maximized window. I can see my desktop fringe behind that window, or other windows that are still open.
When I manually drag a window to all the borders, I get a real fullscreen.

I attached a screenshot to demonstrate. Is this a bug or a feature? I checked several menus regarding window and desktop behaviour, but couldn't find anything. Also, websearching didn't bring up anything worthwhile.

Thanks in advance,

Jan
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
caribriz

Re: Fullscreen has a margin

Post by caribriz »

Hi,

This problem was a known issue with the RC of Linux Mint 13 xfce, but as far as I know it was fixed in the final release.
Try going to Menu > Settings > Workspaces > Margins and remove the margins.

caribriz
teilnehmer

Re: Fullscreen has a margin

Post by teilnehmer »

Thanks caribriz!! Good catch - I didn't think of the workspaces, I was fumbilng for something around the windows or the desktop (because I don't use multiple workspaces). Works flawlessly now! Have a nice day, and thanks again.

Return to “Xfce”