The Windows look small

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
bepfranco

The Windows look small

Post by bepfranco »

I've a problem, all the windows that I run, look small, and the top buttons don't show up, I don't know what to do. I'll appreciate your support! :D
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
cwsnyder

Re: The Windows look small

Post by cwsnyder »

Which version of Linux Mint do you run, and which desktop environment? What is your computer hardware, including the video hardware?
jjaythomas

Post by jjaythomas »

I take it (being in Xfce forums) this is a Xfce edition
But
Is this the only DE in install (not installed into a 'Mate' or anything)?
Are you also trying running Compiz or something?

eitherway make sure what 'WM' is running.

J.Jay
P.S. a easy way of making sure xf4wm is running is to try see if settings>window manager and/or tweaks open> :wink:
cwsnyder

Post by cwsnyder »

I noticed that in LXDE, Knoppix, the window controls are missing entirely from the windows. Also sometimes in Unity the menu goes 'global menu' with the menu going to the top panel. If you have been playing around with either of these desktops, your window decorations settings may be out of whack. Without knowing which other desktop environment you have been playing with, it would be difficult to 'fix' your problem.

Return to “Xfce”