2 DIsplays problem

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Aleksiv

2 DIsplays problem

Post by Aleksiv »

When i plug second display in it just clones the other one, and it thinks the second display is on the first one ._.
Im using amd radeon hd 7950 graphics card

sorryforbadenglish
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
cwsnyder

Re: 2 DIsplays problem

Post by cwsnyder »

From all indications reading the literature about the video card, it is designed for a single monitor, period. You have a DVI connection and an HDMI connection, but to support multiple displays, according to AMD, you need a DisplayPort adapter or DisplayPort capable monitor which would connect to one of the connections, or you need a second card linked to the first. With the proper connection adapters, two cards could support up to 6 displays, but without the adapters (which you don't mention having), only a single display is supported.
Aleksiv

Re: 2 Displays problem

Post by Aleksiv »

I dont know did i understand right, but i have 2 Screen connected to gpu both with dvi antoher with vga --> dvi adapter and other just dvi cable.
And if you could link displaypor adapter that i need (im not sure what it is) that would be nice
Orbmiser

Re: 2 DIsplays problem

Post by Orbmiser »

Sounds like mirror mode? Just guessing here but what is your Xinerama & Display options set to.
Have Ati 4350 and open default drivers worked fine and didn't need to install the Ati ones.
Tho for my dual monitors had to turn off mirror display to get both set right.

No expert here and just throwing some thought out there to check on.

Return to “Xfce”