problem with password page and installing

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
mintythecat

problem with password page and installing

Post by mintythecat »

Hi there,

I'm new to the Linux world, and have a question. Hope that there's an easy answer.

I successfully installed Linux Mint 14 on my Acer Aspire One, and added the password lock option. I played around on the netbook a bit, and then shut down. The next day, when I started up again, it won't accept my password. I re-installed, thinking that I got the wrong password, but again, kept getting the password is incorrect response.

So, I re-installed yet again, and this time, clicked on the "log in automatically" option and the netbook just hangs.

Now I can't start up without the Live USB stick and unfortunately, I haven't got Windows XP installed on it anymore!

Would appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks!
Cat
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
mintythecat

Re: problem with password page and installing

Post by mintythecat »

I've re-installed Mint 14 and it's working perfectly now! i didn't realise that you had to fill in the password fields, even though log-in automatically was selected!

Return to “Xfce”