[SOLVED]Background Wallpaper disappears after reboot

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Dantel

[SOLVED]Background Wallpaper disappears after reboot

Post by Dantel »

Hi! Im pretty unexperienced with linux. I setted it up like half a year ago but never used it too much. Well now I wanna give it a try again, but there is something that bothers me and I thought maybe one of you could help me. I am using Linux Mint 12 Lisa with xfce (version 4.8 ) desktop environment. The problem is - as you probably already read in the title - that my background wallpaper keeps disappearing every time I reboot my computer. It just shows me the dark blue background and I have to reconfigure the desktopsettings.

I am using 3 monitors if that is of any interest (not with xinerama but amd catalyst multi-display option in the display manager). I know that it worked before, unfortunately I do not know what happened before it stopped working. :(
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
ninomrki
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Background Wallpaper disappears after reboot

Post by ninomrki »

Is the image you are using for the background on another partition? I had the same problem when I tried using an image from another partition.
Home is where the Wi-Fi is.

Registered Linux user #562302
Dantel

Re: Background Wallpaper disappears after reboot

Post by Dantel »

Haha! That's exactly what happened, I moved my wallpapers folder to a partition I share with windows. Moved it back, everything is fine again! Thanks alot ninomrki! :D
ninomrki
Level 3
Level 3

Re: [SOLVED]Background Wallpaper disappears after reboot

Post by ninomrki »

You're welcome :)
Home is where the Wi-Fi is.

Registered Linux user #562302
ne0cryptx

Re: [SOLVED]Background Wallpaper disappears after reboot

Post by ne0cryptx »

registered an account to say thanks!

would have taken me a while to figure this out.

used to use linux mint just installed arch linux with lxde... so light and amazingly fast. Check it out if you have the time and perhaps that is payment for your help. Cheers!

Return to “Xfce”