Mint 13 xfce system freezes with LibreOffice open

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
RedWold321

Mint 13 xfce system freezes with LibreOffice open

Post by RedWold321 »

I'm currently running Mint 14 xfce on my netbook with LibreOffice 3.5.7.2. It's happened quite a couple of times already that when I leave the LibreOffice Calc window open my system freezes. None of the keys on the keyboard (and mouse) work so to reboot I switch the netbook off and on. When it freezes the brightness meter appears on the top right corner of the screen.

I've been reading through the threads on here and saw that the problem occurs with Mint 13/14 Cinnamon and Mint 13 MATE. So, take note that it also occurs with the XFCE desktop.

Furthermore, I cannot load another Linux distribution nor desktop (and most probably not another kernel) since my hard drive already has 4 partitions. We had to remove the Windows recovery partition and make a logical partition of the C-drive just to have Mint XFCE installed.

So, any advice will be much appreciated.

(BTW, I'm a total noob.)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
RedWold321

Re: Mint 13 xfce system freezes with LibreOffice open

Post by RedWold321 »

Following the advice on bug reporting at Xfce Docs (http://docs.xfce.org/contribute/bugs), I ran LibreOffice in the terminal and was given the following warning:

Code: Select all

WARNING: gnome-keyring:: couldn't connect to: /tmp/keyring-tDTNRx/pkcs11: No such file or directory
LibreOffice still opened though.

Return to “Xfce”