Xfce looking like Gnome 2 ?

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
herbie643
Level 3
Level 3

Xfce looking like Gnome 2 ?

Post by herbie643 »

I have Nadia Xfce installed and customized it to mimic Gnome 2 as much as I could. Gnome 3 was ok, but not totally to my liking. Cinnamon had some weird quirks and Mate, well, it was ok as well. I installed Xfce and now my desktop is how I want it. Customized the themes, made it the way I want it.
Here is a screenshot of my desktop;

Screenshot.png
Hope you like.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
phill1978

Re: Xfce looking like Gnome 2 ?

Post by phill1978 »

like it :D

I also have tried MATE (too limited on the customization menus and options) feels, i dunno a tiny bit clunky and square but its good no doubt, i may try it again in a few months time. Cinnamon I have found to be a bit picky about how it chooses to perform on a set day with different hardware, although it is stylish and expo mode is brilliant, amazing how windows never managed with anything like that. But in the end XFCE is perfect for me right now (apart from no Expo mode and i don't like fudging it with compiz either!) you start off as a new user thinking, yea this is light and simple it performs better than you could want but it looks a bit flat (although the mint theme beefs it up a little) and within a few hours you have it looking better than windows 8 / KDE :D (imo obviously some people like lots of animations and tiles etc..)

once you start changing fonts, DPI, Themes, composition and icons you can re-skin a whole desktop to look completely different within 30mins and it still remains fast and stable.

Return to “Xfce”