[Solved] Adwaita black incomplete

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
vdf

[Solved] Adwaita black incomplete

Post by vdf »

Hello, I am new to gnu/linux and I tried to modify Adwaita theme to make the white window spaces black to be more comfortable to the eyes and reduce pwm. I copied the gtk-2.0 and gtk-3.0 folders to a new folder at ~/.themes and changed the hex of the gtkrc in gtk-2.0 which easily made all the important backgrounds black. However this did not change everything. Buttons and some windows are still white. For example the Window Buttons in the taskbar are still white and so is the pop up list when I right or lift click on the network manager icon in the notification area beside the clock. Changing hex codes in settings.ini in gtk-3.0 does not change anything until I rename it to gtk.css but while this changes colour it also makes the pop up window much smaller and does not change the colour of buttons and other windows.

screenshot http://postimg.org/image/cdv9dvlrj/

Which value do I have to modify to make the remaining white parts black like the rest?

eidt: I am not sure if this should be in Board index ‹ Personalize and Customize Linux Mint ‹ Themes, Icons, & Wallpaper :oops:
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
JosephM
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Adwaita black incomplete

Post by JosephM »

The parts that are still white are being drawing with images in the gtk2 theme. You need to recolor the images if you want to change that.
When I give opinions, they are my own. Not necessarily those of any other Linux Mint developer or the Linux Mint project as a whole.
vdf

Re: Adwaita black incomplete

Post by vdf »

Thank you very much!

I just inverted the colour of a few icons and renamed them in gtkrc from .png to .xcf and it worked.

Return to “Xfce”