Weather Plug-in Balks After Fresh Reinstall

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
jimwg

Weather Plug-in Balks After Fresh Reinstall

Post by jimwg »

Greetings,

I am moving a saved back-up Petra Mint Home folder into a fresh Maya XFCE Mint 13 install after a crash. I'm not sure whether my Home folder's XFCE configs has anything to do with it, but after I downloaded XFCE goodies, the weather plug-in balked showing on the panel, requesting I execute it or it'll be automatically removed, and when I clicked either option the weather panel pops out. (this outage also occured before reinstalling my Home folder, using the weather plug-in that was already available from the fresh Mint install proir my downloading goodies -- had I hoped the new goodies weather plugin would "overwrite" the malfunctioning orginal one).

Users told me that weather plug-in .75(?) on down is corrupt and to use the more updated one .82 on up, but I assume that my XFCE goodies download is already updated. Also when advised to update the weather plug-in separately via "sud apt-get install xfce4-weather-plug in" it stated that I have the latest version, though I don't know exactly which that is yet. Ubuntu folks lead me to a Debian repository which supposedly has "dev builds" of .83 but the installation procedures require a PhD. What I don't understand is the weather plug-in worked just fine in my Petra installation (I'm downgrading to Maya on separate issues).

Any assist would be greatly appreciated!

Jim in NYC
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
benali72
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Weather Plug-in Balks After Fresh Reinstall

Post by benali72 »

Xfce4 Weather Plugin website info is here -- http://goodies.xfce.org/projects/panel- ... her-plugin.

It includes this statement -- "Attention: Please update to 0.8.3. Versions older than 0.8.0 no longer work (bug #8105), and all earlier 0.8.x versions have problems with the search dialog (bug #9636) and are no longer supported.". It includes a link to download source for latest install.

Hope this helps.

Return to “Xfce”