Automount "fat" partition

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
DapperMe17

Automount "fat" partition

Post by DapperMe17 »

First of all, thanks for a "really" nicely organized Mint derivative, Merlwiz. I'm installing it, above the rest(!), on every computer known to man :lol: The simple, linear layout & newly added color themes make it a perfect choice for those mildly intimidated by technology. Keep up the nice work.

My question is this...

I have a "fat32" partition that is located at "/dev/sda3" which is not loaded at startup, because it doesn't exist in fstab.
Could someone offer me the detail that I need on the line that I will start as /dev/sda3... :?:

Would this do the trick.............

sudo mkdir /media/sda3

/dev/sda3 /media/sda3 vfat umask=0,defaults 0 2 :?:
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: Automount "fat" partition

Post by Husse »

We have been discussing a GUI for this, but it really is simple
Two steps are needed and you have indeed written them down - did you edit the post because I don't think I saw that when I started to write...
I'm not quite sure about the line for fstab - you can find it quite easily
Mount it manually - I suppose double clicking works in XFCE as in main..
Look in mtab for sda3 and use that line
merlwiz79
Level 8
Level 8

Post by merlwiz79 »

Husse wrote:Mount it manually - I suppose double clicking works in XFCE as in main..
For some reason it won't show in thunar.
It did in Gutsy but somehow got removed in hardy.
Might be the XFCE development team that did it, since Zenwalk didn't work either.
Might need to bring back mintDisk and have it mount anything not already mounted or usb.
DapperMe17

Post by DapperMe17 »

Thanks Husse & Merlwiz, works great. :D

Return to “Xfce”