Panel clock not following time/date settings

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
phutres

Panel clock not following time/date settings

Post by phutres »

I installed mint 17 mate 64 bit yesterday then installed mint-meta-xfce because I'm an xfce guy. I noticed something strange: the clock in the XFCE panel seems to be set to GMT but if I open the time/date ap from system menu it shows the correct time in my time zone. The clock on xfce panel doesn't have any options that would effect this, does anyone know how to fix it?

below is a screenshot illustrating the problem.

I guess my screenshot is too big so just the url: *Changed to thumbnail thanks to below suggestion. I guess the strikethrough tag doesn't work here. :(

*click for full size

as a side note.

"Your images may only be up to 240 pixels high.
Your images may only be up to 320 pixels wide."

This forum is in stone age! that's so tiny you can't even see it!!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
WinterTroubles

Re: Panel clock not following time/date settings

Post by WinterTroubles »

I'm afraid I can't help with your time problem :( as I'm running cinnamon, I can help with the following though.
phutres wrote:I guess my screenshot is too big so just the url:

http://i.imgur.com/Dve5OgN.png

as a side note.

On imgur select the url at the bottom of the list, which makes a clickable thumbnail in the forum.. or upload the image as an attachment directly to the forums, the option to do this is in a tab just below the submit button on the 'bit you type into' page.

Hope this helps with your less important issue at least
phutres

Re: Panel clock not following time/date settings

Post by phutres »

WinterTroubles wrote:I'm afraid I can't help with your time problem :( as I'm running cinnamon, I can help with the following though.
phutres wrote:I guess my screenshot is too big so just the url:

http://i.imgur.com/Dve5OgN.png

as a side note.

On imgur select the url at the bottom of the list, which makes a clickable thumbnail in the forum.. or upload the image as an attachment directly to the forums, the option to do this is in a tab just below the submit button on the 'bit you type into' page.

Hope this helps with your less important issue at least
Thanks a lot for the tip!

Return to “Xfce”