Terminal in Mint 17.1 xfce !

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
ivtec

Terminal in Mint 17.1 xfce !

Post by ivtec »

Hi guys: i installed Mint 17.1 xfce and everything runs great ,except every time i boot to desktop i'm presented with the terminal with this script; any way i can get rid of it? thanks

bash: /usr/bin/mint-fortune: No such file or directory
frank@frank-desktop ~ $
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Terminal in Mint 17.1 xfce !

Post by xenopeek »

In the shutdown dialog there is an option to remember your current session. In enabled, next time you log in the applications currently running will be started again. That would probably explain why the terminal starts.

That file comes from the package mintsystem. If you have removed that package, please reinstall it. It contains several key scripts for Linux Mint.

If for some reason you intentionally removed the package mintsystem and don't want to reinstall it, edit your file /etc/bash.bashrc and remove the lines with /usr/bin/mint-fortune. With mintsystem installed you would normally disable fortune in Desktop Settings from your menu, where on the Terminal tab you can enable/disable fortune running on terminal start.
ivtec

Re: Terminal in Mint 17.1 xfce !

Post by ivtec »

xenopeek wrote:In the shutdown dialog there is an option to remember your current session. In enabled, next time you log in the applications currently running will be started again. That would probably explain why the terminal starts.

That file comes from the package mintsystem. If you have removed that package, please reinstall it. It contains several key scripts for Linux Mint.

If for some reason you intentionally removed the package mintsystem and don't want to reinstall it, edit your file /etc/bash.bashrc and remove the lines with /usr/bin/mint-fortune. With mintsystem installed you would normally disable fortune in Desktop Settings from your menu, where on the Terminal tab you can enable/disable fortune running on terminal start.
Thanks xenopeek; i apreciate your help but i re-installed Mint 17.1 and now all good,i'm not very familiar with edit file in Mint ,

Return to “Xfce”