mintdisk Request

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Arron

mintdisk Request

Post by Arron »

Running Mint XFCE 6, very nice with a lot of nice stuff added. I like mintdisk, very useful. But i have one small question. Could this be set up to mount ext* or reiser file systems too, not just ntfs or fat? I still find that ext file system cannot be easily accessed without a mount command or via fstab.

Or am i missing another option?

thanks for an awesome release!

Arron
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Fred

Re: mintdisk Request

Post by Fred »

Arron,

I don't believe any of the current versions of Ubuntu/Mint auto mount all the available partitions by default any more.

See the below thread to learn how to have partitions auto mount on boot.

http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=22093

Fred
Arron

Post by Arron »

Thanks for the reply Fred.

As per the link, the way to have it auto mount is via fstab. Mintdisk mounts ntfs and fat file systems automaticly in the users home dir. I was wondering if this could be added to include ext/reiser file systems as well to help keep it simple and not need to edit fstab manualy.

Gnome by default creats a link in the file manager, and when you click on it it mounts and opends the drive.

Can this adition to mintdisk be added for future versions to automount, or is there soem way to add this feature to XFCE?
Fred

Post by Fred »

Arron,

I really can't answer your question. I have never used Mintdisk. I just never saw the logic in downloading and installing additional software just so I could use a GUI to do something that was already easily available in a single line of text in the terminal.

Fred

Return to “Xfce”