I click "Computer" and all the desktop icons vanishes.

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
thrawn60

I click "Computer" and all the desktop icons vanishes.

Post by thrawn60 »

Hi,

I have a problem with my desktop. When I click "Computer" all the desktop icons disappears, it also goes for when I click "computer" in the File Browser.

So far it's the only icon that make that stunt. I know that the easy way would be just not to click that icon, but I hope that some one out there have had the same problem so it can be fixed.

Please remember that I'm a noob at linux so if any list of hardware etc is needed, please also include the terminal code :)

Thanks in advance,
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
lexon

Re: I click "Computer" and all the desktop icons vanishes.

Post by lexon »

When you click the Computer icon on the desktop. what do you see in the computer screen? Below is what I see. I am running Mint 7 Gnome.

lrx
thrawn60

Post by thrawn60 »

When I click the "Computer" I see this....

So no icon, no nothing...

I also get a lag on the buttons I press, so now they are are like darker/activated when press the "menu" button.

Is there anyway I can check the whole system to see if there is something wrong with my machine?
MaddogF16

Post by MaddogF16 »

Are you running compositioning (3D) and what graphics card and driver are you using?
thrawn60

Post by thrawn60 »

I'm not sure if I run 3D on this machine, it's a lowtech computer, but I use a little of the effects from compiz, but nothing I haven't used for the last few months.

For the graphics card I use a GMA900 onboard since motherboard is a intel D915GAV.
thrawn60

Post by thrawn60 »

Solved the problem.. well almost.. I reinstalled Mint and now everything is back to normal.
KremX

Post by KremX »

I have exactly the same problem(& if I press network too), after reinstallation & few updates THE same. I don't even have a desktop "computer" icon on desktop. I am going to move to ubuntu. I believe that it's caused by ubuntu updates from their repo -changed mints customisations?.

Return to “Xfce”