Problems with Gnome Disk Utility

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
nolarut

Problems with Gnome Disk Utility

Post by nolarut »

Out of the blue, the Gnome Disk Utility does not recognize any of my drives anymore and upon initialization, the two panels are not populated with any drive data. Is anyone else experiencing this?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
nolarut

Re: Problems with Gnome Disk Utility

Post by nolarut »

Ive tried reinstalling and still no luck :(
caf4926
Level 7
Level 7

Post by caf4926 »

You are using Mint 9 ?

What happens if you plug a USB flash drive in?
Linux Mint 21.1 Cinnamon
nolarut

Post by nolarut »

Hi caf4926,

Thank you for responding to my. post. The same results are achieved when plugging in a usb drive.

I believe the is due to a disastrous installation of a beta test distro on the same machine where my Xauthority file was wiped out (in Linux Mint) and I'm also having problems mounting other partitions using the mount /dev/sdaX/ /mnt.

I may just have to reinstall because this does not appear to be a Linux Mint issue, but if you could help me avoid that step, I would greatly appreciate it.

-Nolarut
caf4926
Level 7
Level 7

Post by caf4926 »

Are you implying that you are sharing a /home partition? That file is a hidden file in /home/user
If that really was the issue. Creating a new user would mean that account would work. Does it?
Linux Mint 21.1 Cinnamon
nolarut

Post by nolarut »

No I think it was more than that as I also converted a FAT32 partition to NTFS that I was using for my Windows XP pagefile system and somehow the new linux box I installed corrupted the partition... who knows??? :?

Bottom line is today I ended up repartitioning my Linux partitions and reinstalled Linux Mint Xfce, Dreamlinux Beta and Crunchbang, I have those and Windows XP all on the same laptop. The Linux boxes are sharing the same home partition (all with different user names of course).

Thanks anyway...

Cheers! :lol:

Return to “Xfce”