OOo UI fonts not following system setting

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
rps63ifid
Level 1
Level 1

OOo UI fonts not following system setting

Post by rps63ifid »

Running Daryna XFCE CE beta 008. A minor gripe that I have seen talked about in various other forums, but can't seem to find a way to resolve here: the UI font (e.g., on menus) in OOo doesn't seem to follow the settings I have chosen for the rest of the system UI (despite ticking the corresponding checkbox under Tools > Options > View). I'm not using anything esoteric for the system fonts; I've just dropped them from the default 10pt sans serif to 8pt. The OOo UI font is significantly larger...

I'm running the GNOME version of Daryna Beta on a different box, and OOo seems to suffer this same behavior there, as well. [Edit: Or, at least, I thought they were... I would swear I saw this there, too, but at least right now it seems OK on my GNOME box. Oh, well.]

Any thoughts on how to get the right font in use?

Thanks...

--
/ron
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
merlwiz79
Level 8
Level 8

Post by merlwiz79 »

Had the same problem in Xubuntu Gutsy.
Only way I could make it smaller was to use 85% for the User Interface Scaling.
rps63ifid
Level 1
Level 1

Post by rps63ifid »

merlwiz79 wrote:Had the same problem in Xubuntu Gutsy.
Only way I could make it smaller was to use 85% for the User Interface Scaling.
Thanks, that works. Looks much better. Clearly not a showstopper, but one of those visual things that was driving me crazy...

--
/ron

Return to “Xfce”