Support for a particular PMP

Chat about just about anything else

Support for a particular PMP

Postby jdgiotta on Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:56 pm

Ok... vague subject, I know.

Let me start by saying a fair price made me do it, but I'm a Zune owner (let the pelting begin). As a Zune owner I have one fundamental problem, I don't get along with Linux so comfortably. Not that Linux isn't my day-to-day desktop OS its just that I need to have an affair with XP. Too make things worst (and stick to the pun) I use XP in the same bed as XP via Virtual Box. Well, honestly, I'd like to drop the Virtual Box. I'm a believer that Virtual Box is only really good for platform independent development, but I'm just not doing that at home (too much of it at work!).

Anyway, now that I've either painted a bigger bullseye on my head or otherwise, there needs to be a Zune on Linux software. I'm also inclined to say screw the concerns over breaking MS's encryption/DRM. I mean since when did DRM stop the general public from free use?
High-five to those who read this.
psn:jdgiotta
jdgiotta
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Support for a particular PMP

Postby Husse on Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:33 am

If you google Zune Linux you find some mostly non working suggestions, but perhaps also some working ones.
On the other hand M$ just about got it working in Windows....
Don't fix it if it ain't broken, don't break it if you can't fix it
Husse
Level 21
Level 21

Re: Support for a particular PMP

Postby jdgiotta on Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:28 am

Oh I've done the google search and a yahoo search, but it just isn't possible without VM or a dual boot.

Theres been on and off projects since 2006, but never any real drive. I'd work on it, but I don't know where to start. Especially since the developers don't share their progress or code.

MTP support for Linux only does just that, but doesn't come close to allow authentication between the OS and the device.

Sad state really.
High-five to those who read this.
psn:jdgiotta
jdgiotta
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Open chat