Recommendations for a decent, compatible USB adapter?

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
ShaggyDogg

Recommendations for a decent, compatible USB adapter?

Post by ShaggyDogg »

I'm using Linux Mint 13, x64, MATE. Just looking for a wireless USB adapter that will work out-of-box with Linux Mint, and as inexpensive as possible.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 30 days after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
sagirfahmid3

Re: Recommendations for a decent, compatible USB adapter?

Post by sagirfahmid3 »

I have two Linksys WUSB600N wireless adapters and they work flawlessly--all I needed to do was blacklist rt2800usb.
Note: The ad-hoc function only works only for connecting to a host, not for hosting one.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Post by xenopeek »

You can search the hardware reviews database over at the Community website: http://community.linuxmint.com/hardware/welcome. Set Type = USB Wireless Adapater and Release = Maya, you find at least two that users have reported to work perfectly.
devjacks

Post by devjacks »

Apologies to ressurect a year old thread but i thought this might help.

I have been trying to setup my Netgear WNA3100 usb wifi dongle for about week and the connection has been really touch and go. Got it working but it takes long to connect to a WPA2 encrypted network at home.

After a suggestion on a local forum (South Africa) I bought a Toto-Link N150UA dongle and this one was literally plug and play. Found my network and connected immediately after entering the password.

This is the lsusb of my device to show you the chipset:

Bus 002 Device 005: ID 148f:3070 Ralink Technology, Corp. RT2870/RT3070 Wireless Adapter

Dont even try NetGear, go for a dongle of this chipset or just get teh Toto-Link N150UA

Return to “Open Chat”