Laptop Suggestions?

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
belovedmonster
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Laptop Suggestions?

Post by belovedmonster »

I've heard good things about the Dell XPS series, and you can get them Ubuntu in the US so that's gotta bode well in terms of getting all the multimedia buttons and other bits and pieces to work flawlessly with Mint.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 30 days after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Fred

Post by Fred »

willy_36,

I have had very good luck with this outfit. Good quality and they actually honor their warranties.

http://www.zareason.com/shop/home.php

Fred
rivenought

Post by rivenought »

I would give serious consideration the the open source offerings by Dell. While I am not a huge fan of Dell, they seem to be giving it an effort. If it runs Ubuntu, it certainly should run Mint. My experiences in rescuing Dell computers from the horrors of Windows have been positive. I have installed openSUSE, Linux Mint, PCLinuxOS, Ubuntu, and Mandriva on assorted Dell hardware. No problems thus far. I just wish Dell would make the link to the open source machines much easier to find on their site. Have fun with your research.

Return to “Open Chat”