Overlapping text on some sites, solution.

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
exploder
Level 15
Level 15

Overlapping text on some sites, solution.

Post by exploder »

I have been playing around with text size in Firefox since my eye surgery in case I should have problems in the future. I increase the minimum font size to 15 because the default is so tiny. I noticed when I went to the Windows page on Softpedia the text overlapped really bad. By chance I installed Adblock Plus, I normally just put up with the ads but I have read so many good posts about it I wanted to see what it could do. Anyway, when I went to the page with the overlapping text with Adblock Plus the text looked 100% better and was readable! The Linux page displayed fine with or without the add-on.

I know I am not the only member here that uses bi-focals, so if you are having this problem with text give this a try.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 30 days after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
palo
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Overlapping text on some sites, solution.

Post by palo »

+1 for ABP
I don't know how to survive without ABP. I use reading glasses but still like the larger fonts, though I achieve it with scaling - I have never seen overlapping fonts (maybe because I have MS fonts installed?). I am not taking anything away from the ads because I wouldn't look at them anyway but on some sites I turn it off for different reasons. It is a primo addon. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Pat
exploder
Level 15
Level 15

Re: Overlapping text on some sites, solution.

Post by exploder »

Thanks Pat! I sort of recovered. I can see again but I might have to have another surgery to remove scar tissue from my retina.... I see the doctor in January and he will determine if the scarring is getting worse. I just barely passed the eye test to renew my drivers license.

Return to “Open Chat”