Warning: Lastpass also in the Cloud.

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
BartSr
Level 4
Level 4

Warning: Lastpass also in the Cloud.

Post by BartSr »

Because I don't like Google with all his registrations of what I search, and I do not like Microsoft's new email-program which also registrates my email-adresses in their Cloud, I removed Windows 8 from my computer and installed Linux Mint.
Then I removed the Google-search machine from Firefox and used Ixquick, to avoid Google's acivities.

And I thought: Free at last.

Last week I asked in this topic (http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=117143 ) for a good solution for my passwords. And I chose Lastpass, one of the Firefox Add-ons.

But now I see that all my logins and passwords are not written on my computer but in a Firefox-Cloud!

I saw this when I started my computer without a network connection. When I ask then for LastPass. I get this warning ( in Dutch)
LasttPass was niet in staat contact te maken met de aanmeldingsserver. U bent dus in Offline modus, sommige functies kunnen beperkt zijn
which means:
LastPass could not connect with the server.

In this offline situation I added a new line and then quitted. And again I got a warning: Firefox kan de server op lastpass.com niet vinden. = Firefox cannot find the server on lastpass.com

It is clear to me: stop with Lastpass and maybe even with Firefox!

Bart
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 30 days after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
zerozero

Re: Warning: Lastpass also in the Cloud.

Post by zerozero »

moved here

Return to “Open Chat”