Where is the best place to buy hardware?

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
CurtisCoburn

Where is the best place to buy hardware?

Post by CurtisCoburn »

I know of sites like newegg, and tigerdirect, and Amazon. But What do you consider the best place to buy the hardware, in terms of deals, and reliability, and services provided. What are the good and bad of each of the websites.

I hear Amazon isn't so good, because some people get DOA (dead on arrival) parts, and tigerdirect and newegg are the best. But I see a lot of people buying from Amazon that are on youtube.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 30 days after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
BubbaBlues

Re: Where is the best place to buy hardware?

Post by BubbaBlues »

I know that with newegg you get your product pretty quickly by UPS. Amazon uses FedEx and it takes about three times as
long to arrive.
CurtisCoburn

Post by CurtisCoburn »

BubbaBlues wrote:I know that with newegg you get your product pretty quickly by UPS. Amazon uses FedEx and it takes about three times as
long to arrive.
Really? That's horrible. I have heard from Youtube that the people who buy from Amazon, they usually have to delay lots of their videos about computer builds because they got it from Amazon. Sometimes they wait a few weeks by delaying videos because it takes that long. UGPC? Hear of that project?
kyphi
Level 9
Level 9

Post by kyphi »

Wouldn't that depend on which country you live in?

I mostly buy my components from PC Case Gear.
Linux Mint 21.3 Cinnamon
homerscousin

Post by homerscousin »

Here is a site I check: http://www.techbargains.com/ Maybe there are others, I don't know. Sometimes I see some darn good deals listed there that I don't see on the home pages of Newegg and Tiger. Saves me from hunting and missing some things.

Return to “Open Chat”