Lego Digital Designer: lets give lego a hand.

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
Sanocon
Level 2
Level 2

Lego Digital Designer: lets give lego a hand.

Post by Sanocon »

so lego fans, i am happy to say Lego Digital Designer could make a huge boom back into many lego fans. just recently i sent and got an email form lego cusomer support about making Lego Digital Designer open source. here was the email i got:

{
Dear [Sanocon],

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

The LEGO® Digital Designer (LDD) has been a really great project and we are very happy to hear that you enjoyed it. We are actually working on it very hard right now. I don't know if you noticed, but recently we took a couple functions of it away. This is just happening as we are trying to improve it. Hopefully soon it will be back in action, and even better than before.

I am a huge supporter of open source programming, and I'm very happy that Linux, and specifically Ubuntu, has been doing very well. I'm hoping to see these new items implemented at LEGO just like you. It would be awesome to see a open source LDD like GIMP Photoshop.

I will be sure to pass your comments onto our developers and maybe next time you see an update for the LDD it will come with developer tools.

Thanks again for getting in touch. Happy building!

LEGO Consumer Services
}

so, if you folks can send the message out to other linux forums that would be epic, i loved Lego Digital Designer and still do, but there are still some setbacks with the software but hopfully lego may let up work on the app. send emails to lego to see if they can officaly make Lego Digital Designer open source(but don't overdo it). fyi, you can find the most recent version of LDD here and it works well with wine. http://ldd.lego.com/

Note me on any progress if you asked lego and lets have a disscussion on how else we can make this happen.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 30 days after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
ninomrki
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Lego Digital Designer: lets give lego a hand.

Post by ninomrki »

Cool. I've been looking for something like that. Thanks for the link
Home is where the Wi-Fi is.

Registered Linux user #562302

Return to “Open Chat”