SVG and Firefox3/IE7

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
kevmille

SVG and Firefox3/IE7

Post by kevmille »

I have been working on one website for a client here in Vietnam. Since many of their potential donors are IE users, I have been testing their website in IE6/7.

Since LM5 comes with Firefox3 by default, I tested out their website. I was showing them what happens if a person increases the text size and was surprised to see the whole website, including images, increase too. I tested IE7 and saw the same increase.

Unfortunately since I use primary raster format images (png, jpg, gif), they became distorted when zoomed as one would expect.

Do any of you think this is going to force all of us web developers to start using vector graphics on websites now? I am actually curious to see how svg will influence the future web.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 30 days after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: SVG and Firefox3/IE7

Post by Husse »

Do any of you think this is going to force all of us web developers to start using vector graphics on websites now?
At least do something about images, but as long as there is a large number of IE6 out there it's not going to happen - I think....
(It's now almost 3 years since I had to maintain a site :))

Return to “Open Chat”